Sterling Pumps is an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) of standard and custom-designed pumps based on the outskirts of Melbourne, Australia. Sterling Pumps designs, 3D CAD models, 3D prototype prints, casts, machines, welds, fabricates, assembles and tests our pumps. Sterling provides a world-class product for a variety of heavy industry, mining, irrigation, fire and process industries with submersible, sea water-lift and above ground models for a variety of applications and flow rates.
Sterling Pumps is a member of the global WPIL International Group, which is comprised of Gruppo Aturia (Italy), Rutschi Pompes (France), Rutschi Fluid (Switzerland), WPIL Limited (India), Mathers Foundry Ltd (United Kingdom), APE Pumps (South Africa), Mather+Platt (South Africa), WPIL Thailand and Sterling Pumps. The purpose of this global group is to share designs, patents and information with the aim of continuing as world leaders in design and manufacturing throughout our many industries and products.
Aside from our standard commercial pumping products sold throughout Australia and New Zealand, the speciality of Sterling Pumps lies in its ability to provide custom solutions for vertical line shaft and submersible turbine pumps and split case pumps and complete pumping packages. Sterling has provided pump products, pump packages and services to leading gas, oil, and mining operations throughout the world – maintaining these relationships through the dedicated after-sales service and an enduring ability to provide effective and dependable custom solutions.
Sterling Pump products are exported to regions including the Middle East, Northern Africa, Korea, China, Fiji, India, Bangladesh, Indonesia, Singapore, Iran, Papua New Guinea, Malaysia and New Zealand.
Sterling manufactures custom and standard products such as:
- Line Shaft Turbine pumps
- Submersible Turbine pumps
- Horizontal multistage pumps
- Pressed metal submersible borehole/well pumps
- Ballast pumps
- Inclined river/dam turbine pumps
- Booster style submersible pumps
- API 610 compliant pumps for oil and gas – onshore and offshore
- ESP seawater lift, closed and open drain pumps
- VS1 seawater lift and fire pump service
- VS6 for closed drain applications
- NFPA20 Fire Pumps and complete Fire Systems
- Split Case pumps
- Submersible Electric motors 0.55 kW to 600 kW, 415V to 11kV
- Drainage and Sewage pumps
- Vertical and horizontal dewatering pumps
- End Suction pumps
- Solids Handling pumps
Sterling Certifications and Standards
- BSI- ISO 9001 Quality Management Certificate, May 2019
- NFPA 20 – Standard for the Installation of Stationary Pumps for Fire Protection
- API 610 (11th Edition, 12-2009) – Pump Reliability Standard
- AS 2941-2013 Pump sets, Fixed Fire protection installations
- Pump Testing to AS/ISO 9906:2018 (replaces AS 2147:2001) and ISO 9906:2012
Sterling Pumps is a member of the following associations:
Our Corporate Group of Companies